Porthcawl YMCA at The Y Centre
Porthcawl YMCA was established in 1908 and has served as a centre for the community and cultural life of the town continually.
A £650,000 refurbishment and partial rebuild of the premises on John Street created “The Y Centre” providing access to facilities promoting health and wellbeing and active and passive learning with community participation and social inclusion.
Porthcawl YMCA as a registered charity became a company limited by guarantee in July 2012.
The Association is governed by a Board of eight voluntary Directors and employs eight people supported by volunteers who assist in the delivery of services and fundraising activities.
As a Social Enterprise membership of Porthcawl YMCA is open to all. Child care and other programmes are in the hands of qualified and CRB checked staff. The building is available for room hire with internet facilities, the café lounge and other IT support.